Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's-a me, Kelly!

You know what is really hard to do?  Detach myself from video games long enough to do an introduction of myself on this blog.  I am the other admin of the Geek and Gamer Girl page, Kelly.  Most of the time I am posting about League of Legends, Deadpool, or Pokemon (LOVE!).  Dawn was kind enough to invite me to admin the page when I really needed a good distraction and I have been there ever since.

More about me?  I am an old-enough Mechanical Engineering student.  I spend the majority of my time studying, playing video games, and attempting to sleep in between.  I have been more of a PC gamer, but I love my consoles all the same.  Whenever I have friends over I force them to play some NBA JAM (SNES) and Mario Kart 64 because I love retro games.

What else?:
  • I am a Nintendo addict
    If there is a Mario game out there, I have played it.  I panic every time I hear about another Mario game, especially when I don't have the system yet! 
  • I loved PS2 more than original Xbox
    I really enjoy the game selection that was available for the PS2 and some of my favorite (non-Nintendo games) were only available for the PS2.  Shadow Hearts games, if you have not played them, GET THEM!
  • I am now an Xbox 360 fan
    I bought my Xbox 360 when the original Bioshock came out (I didn't have a need because a roommate had one) and it was love at first achievement.  Everything about it, the layout, internet, etc, is better than the PS3... imo. 
  • I am dying for the Steam Summer Sale
    I have blown off every system I have because Steam makes gaming so convenient and affordable.  As a student, that has to have a computer, I find that Steam is really the best thing for me.  Also, Steam has really made me love Indie games!  I play Don't Starve more than anything else atm.
  • I am a "Team PS4" advocate
    I am going to make t-shirts.
  • I am currently a Silver III League of Legends player (Neony)
    On a scale from 1 to addict, I am at least borderline obsessed.
  • I used to work at Blizzard Entertainment for 5ish years
    At one point of time I swear I bled blue because I was so obsessed with Blizzard and I'd say that's probably barely changed.
  • Borderlands 2 favorite game of 2012!
    No explanation needed...
  • I love DDR
    So much that I have a huge DDR tattoo. :)

Video games is my number one geekdom, but I dabble in everything; I watch a little anime, read some manga, comics, books, and occasionally watch nerdy movies/shows, but I am way to busy gaming to keep up with anything else.

Outside of my geekdoms, I am slowly working on becoming a beer snob, I love trying new local brews.  I like going out with friends, doing anything crafty, as well as dying hair and doing makeup like a pro.

-Kelly 

1 comment:

  1. <3 Gr8 blog, u have similar gaming attributes 2 me. Looking forward to following your page closer ~ BluePolar (Cat)

    ReplyDelete