Tuesday, May 21, 2013

[press start] - Dawn

More than likely if you're reading this, you found our blog via the Geek and Gamer Girls fanpage on facebook. If so, THANKS! If you happened to just wander here, that's fantastic as well.

I'm Dawn, half of the admin duo of the aforementioned Geek and Gamer Girls page. This blog was started because sometimes we just want to make big TL;DR posts, go off on tangents, or just jot down something outside of the usual GX3 norm. This won't replace the page by any means, but just be a side project to go along with it.

*waves*

Hi, I'm Dawn. Twenty-something mother of a toddler, wife to a fellow geek, and housemate to two Alaskan Huskies. I enjoy video games, reading, anime, cross-stitching, napping, coming up with so many brilliant projects and then realizing there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish them all, and cursing my ADHD. (Seriously, a 30 minute entry for normal people can take me like two hours. It sucks.)

I have had a controller in my hand almost as long as I can remember, since about age three or four, and I don't foresee that changing anytime in the near future. I think it's a bit crazy to see how video games have evolved in my lifetime, and how much they'll evolve during my daughter's lifetime as well. Whereas I first got my taste in the 8-bit NES era, her first experience is Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster for the Xbox 360.

Video games are my main geek passion, and I believe you're never too old to play video games. Video games, especially today's video games, are basically the love child of books and movies. There are these great stories to be told with such brilliant visuals like movies, but you're able to immerse yourself and become apart of the story much like reading a book. Video games have also gained an even greater social element than just grabbing a friend and a second controller. Now you can game with friends all around the world, without the awkward social etiquette requirements like pants, or even a bra.

Stay geeky my friends!

-Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment